Fully equipped 120 seater theatre for hire. High ceilings, tiered seating, West End standard sound and lighting desk. Fantastic for filming, theatre rehearsals and talks.
- Capacity : Fully seated theatre (104 – 120 seats, depending on seat configuration)
- Access : The room is accessible to wheelchair users and people with mobility issues via a lift
- Facilities : Wifi, air conditioning
- Technical spec : Fully equipped theatre – Excellent sound and lighting equipment in standard rig. For more detailed information and plans please go to our Technical Information page
- Extras: Projector, screen, special effects (smoke machine, hazer, mirror ball), flip chart, keyboard
The theatre is currently closed for public performances, but it available for professional rehearsals, photo shoots and filming.
Our premises comprises :
- Well equipped and flexible main performance space seating up to 120 people in a variety of configurations
- Foyer and bar
- Studio space / dance studio seating up to 50 for small scale productions and events
- Two other rehearsal rooms
History of the Tower Theatre
The building was originally built as a chapel and school by the Primitive Methodists in 1875. It was badly damaged during the Second World War and was in a derelict state before being bought and renovated by the Jewish congregation Beth Hamedrash Ohel Yisroel in 1953. The building was consecrated as the Northwold Road Synagogue on the 18th December 1955 but closed in 1989. In 1992, Sunstone Health and Leisure Club refitted the building as a women-only gym.
The gym closed in 2014 and the building remained unused until the Tower’s purchase in 2018. The building with its new design by Suzie Bridges Architects provides a production base for the company – performance spaces, rehearsal spaces, foyer, bar, box office, office, meeting room and storage for props and wardrobe.